Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA Not Displaying all Inbox Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdiva

Technical User
Jul 29, 2002
US
Here's a strange one... I have a client who is not getting (or able to view) all of her messages in OWA. If I send her a message, it will appear in the Outlook client but not in OWA.. it appears to be random because some of the messages I send will appear in OWA while others will not. Both with and without attachments. It appears to be random. I checked her Inbox view settings and they appear to be OK.. both read and unread items are set to display. We refreshed the view and still the items do not appear. Checked to see if the messages were auto deleted but they were not. Yesterday we compared the number of messages in her Outlook client inbox to the OWA inbox.... the Outlook client had approx 50 messages for the day while OWA displayed only 10 of them.... both read and unread. I'm baffled... any suggestions?

sorry... forgot to mention - OWA/Exchange 2003

Sounds like they're popping the mail off the server with the fat client. THe mail has to be on the server to see it in OWA.

Are the messages in OWA and you just cant view them?...Or are they not going into OWA at all?

Our OWA will not show some messages because I think they are in HTML. The message is still there, they just cant view the contents unless they use the Outlook client.

It looks like the messages are not going into OWA at all, or if it is, it's hidden from view. It's not a matter that there is a subject line and the user can't view or open her messages - they are just not there; well, that's what it looks like. Again, the outlook client shows all messages. I'm wondering if it's an IIS config problem? A filtering issue? I'm shooting in the dark here ;)

We're having the same issue on our network. The only thing that I noticed was that the one that has this issue has the biggest mailbox. All mail are received through Outlook or OWA. Just cannot open certain emails.

I agree with XMSRE.
I've had this issue before.
If the Outlook client is set to deliver to a personal folder (.PST), then the messages do not stay on the server, therefore not available to OWA.

MCSE CCNA CCDA

xmsre, I don't have urlscan installed. I have Exchange 2003 and Server 2003

I also had a problem where a client was logging into VPN and all of the messages were disappearing from Outlook. It turned out that they were all being delivered to a .pst file and removed from the exchnage server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back