Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA logon window asking for credentials repeatedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

mega128

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2004
US
Hi all,

I am a beginner. I have one AD and One Exchange 2003 box. when I type I get logon window.
When I enter credentials it keeps asking again and then Error: Access is Denied. When I use Outlook Client it works fine.
Any suggestions.
Thanks very much

One more thing I would like to add.
When I type it works fine
Please note I haven't configured it as form bases authentication or installed certificates.
Thanks

When the auth box pops up you probably need to use this format:

domainname\username
password

I tried, but same problem. Now I am not getting logon window as well. Only IP address is working. Anyways Sundance thanks very much for suggestion.

If you are behind a firewall and tryin to access owa from the same network with the exturnal url it wont work, i would suggest using a analog line or a dsl conenction that is not on the newtork to test the exturnal url.

The fact that owa works on the inturnal address (//server_name/exchange) means OWA is working

Regards

Vish

Thanks Vish,

I would try this but my setup is a lab and I think my internal dns is not talking to external dns (which is also inside the firewall and not the ISPs). I have added my internal DNS forwarder is pointing to External Dns (not ISPs)but looks like the problem is somewhere else. Thanks again for responding.

If you are able to access using outlook ok, try logging on to OWA as user@domain.com.

We had the same problem after installing the form based authentication.

user@domain.com is not working too.
Thanks Thebadge for replying.

Did you solve this ?

Ive just rebuilt the domain and im exactly the same.
I can login on the domain i can also login from the frontend server fine its just when users authenticate to the front-end server i get the bounce all the time.

Ive tried domain\user etc but still same any1 any more ideas ?? is there any extra permissions that need to be set

Ive sorted mine, I use the front end configurations,

Make sure the system attendent has started as this wouldt start on my front end server due to port issues.

alls fine now and working

My problem was sorted too. I rebuilt the lab environment and problem was resolved. Thanks all again.

In my case, I think I have no option for me to rebuid because my org is so big now. and I am having the same problem.
I have a front-end server and a back-end. If I use web browser to go straight to my backend then it works, if I go to front-end then it keeps asking for credential...don't know why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back