Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA Front End / Back End Permission Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle76

Technical User
Jan 8, 2004
GB
Hi All.

I'm hoping someone can help me here. Had a search through the forums but can't find anything of relevence.

I'm pulling my hair out, and despite doing MS course 2400 I cannot work this one out.

I have three back end Exchange Servers in three different Sites and One Front End server.

Site A used to be setup for OWA access via SSL and worked a treat. However those users in Sites B and C couldn't use OWA because I didn't have a Front End Server.

Now I have a Front End Server, set up and sitting happily in the Exchange Organisation.

But... When someone from Site A logs into it, then get reprompted again from the Exchange Server in Site A to login again (2 subsequent logins) then they get in okay.

When Users from Site B or Site C login they get a page cannot be found, but if they enter an incorrect password they get the outlook error saying username or password wrong.

Question is - Front End Server. Ticked the Box in System Manager to make the server a Front End Server. What else do I need to do to make it aware of the other exchange servers in the back end? I'm presuming it's a permissions problem as well with that in Site A.

What I'm looking for is someone to tell me what authentication settings etc to use in IIS to make the Front End server talk to the back end servers.

The front end server is SSL enabled in the LAN with no external firewall activty. My firewall directs all port 443 traffic straight to the front end server.

Hopefully someone out there has come across this before!!

Kindest Regards,
Colin Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back