Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA FOR EXCH 5.5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazza1234

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2002
GB
Hi

I have a client using Windows NT Server and Exchange 5.5, OWA works ok for the administrator, but all user get an error 500 internal error page.

Any ideas,

Dazza

Make sure everyone else has logon local rights under user manager for domains.

Hi,

I just joined (cause I was looking for an answer for something on MX record/DNS stuff), but I had a similar problem last night when I setup my test W2kServer + Exch5.5 server.

I solved my problem this way: Goto the IIS management console, see if you can locate the Exchange Website. Then goto the properties of that page. Goto the security tab, edit the Anonimous Access and Authentication Control(by default the security is set to Basic Authentication with password being send in clear text), change this to Inetgrated Windows Authentication. And the next time a normal user logs on with OWA, he/she has to enter the same credentials as if he/she logs on to a networked machine, I mean the server is requesting: Username, password and domain name.

Hope this helps

Regards
Ronald

This is true but they still have to have logon local rights under user manager to even be able to access OWA, if they don't they will get only get the logon screen and it won't let them logon.

Dev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back