Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA Authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmail

IS-IT--Management
Mar 2, 2005
US
When logging on to OWA we currently have to log on as Domain\User.
Is there a way to do away with having to enter in the domain name?
Under the Authentication button -Access tab - of the web site properties in ESM the default domain is set appropriately but it still requires you to enter the domain\user format.

I'd like see a resolution for this too. Once upon a time it did work like then, then I had some issues a MS tech worked on it and now I have to do the domain/username format.

I'll look around some more. If I find something I'll post back here.

I found a forum that talks about setting an authentication method in IIS but I'm not sure of the "right" setting at the moment and the forum didn't mention it either.

But if you want to look at it(this is on SBS2003) go to IIS, Websites, properties for Default Websites, Directory Security tab, go under Authentication and Access control, Edit, then there are four authentication methods. The default is Integrated Windows Authentication. I see a box to fill in default domain info but that only if you choose another form of authentication and I'm not sure of which one yet.

I'm still looking.

in the IIS under the 'Exchange' properties only have the 'Basic Authentication' selected and make sure the domain and realm are both set for your default domain

take note of your settings before you change them, as a just incase

but thats how mine is set up and i can just use the user name and password, or i can user the name@domain.com and password, or the domain\user and password

good luck

Thanks johng75 but this didnt work for me. i do remember having to add a * somewhere in setting a default domain.
not sure where this is though.

on the default web site i have anonymous and integrated enabled and basic turned off

forgot to say, that in the 'exchange' i only have basic selected

What child nodes should this effect if I change it to basic authentication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back