Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA and SSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

marig

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2002
US
There are many posts on this subject already - I just want to know if using an SSL certificate will solve my problems. First of all, I have Exchange 5.5 running on NT 4.0. OWA on the same server using IIS 4.0. I currently use the Microsoft Challenge\Response security. This means that anyone who wants to use OWA has to have Internet Explorer. For the most part, this is okay - but I do have several users that only have Netscape and some users that have iMacs [with IE 5.something] and they cannot use OWA no matter how hard they try. I want to know if I install an SSL certificate from Verisign, will all my users be able to access OWA, regardless of browser or Operating System? I don't want to spend the money if it's not going to resolve the problem for iMacs..or for the Netscape users. And also, it's seamless to the user, right? They don't even know that it has been implemented?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back