Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA and Service Packs and a bad day! Help! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherpa101

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2000
US
We had Exchange 5.5 (standard edition)with SP3 along with NT SP5.<br>I installed IIS from Option Pack on the same server. Then the OWA from setup program, then installed SP3 for Exchange. <br>when I type the URL I get the OWA logon screen but keep getting &quot;The Exchange Server is down or the HTTP service has been disabled by an Administrator.&nbsp;&nbsp;I check all the possible causes for this error message from Microsoft knowledge base.&nbsp;&nbsp;Is it possible that the lack of reinstalling SP5 is doing this. Also, when I attempted in install SP3 for Exchange it could not start thr Exchange Event serive due to a logon error. Still can't start it manually. THis crap worked fine at home.

First of all,<br><br>try to start the Exchange Services, check the account properties for those services that won't start.<br>What error messages do you get when you try to start the services?<br><br>Regards<br><br>Lars<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back