Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

owa and iis config help

Status
Not open for further replies.

golson

MIS
Jan 22, 2002
US
I have moved our exchange 5.5 from a winnt server to a win 2k server successfuly, but the problem is I cannot access OWA. I have installed OWA on the 2k server and I can't access owa using the //servername.domain name/exchange/logon.asp or anything else for that matter. I have a feeling that I am missing somthing in my iis config. Can anyone please help?

Thanks,

You say you can't access OWA/ Are you getting any errors? Vince Grice
vgrice@hotmail.com
MCSE Win2K, NT; MCSA; MCP+I
favicon.ico

I am getting page cannot be displayed. I have gon through my NT4 box and attempted to duplicate the IIS settings on the 2k box with no luck.

I should calrify a little. I have moved my NT4/Exchange 5.5 server directly to a new Win2k server using the same name and everything. I am not running AD the 2k/exchange5.5 server is a member server in a NT4 domain. I can send and recieve e-mail just fine both internaly and externaly, but I can't get the OWA login page to come up.

When you configure Outlook Web Access (OWA), the Everyone group requires the "Log on locally" user right on the computer that is running IIS. Vince Grice
vgrice@hotmail.com
MCSE Win2K, NT; MCSA; MCP+I
favicon.ico

I have re-run exchange 5.5 sp4 and now only users in the administrators group can get into there mailbox through owa. I have tried giving log on localy rights to the everyone group and even to individual users. The only way I can get normal users into there owa mailbox is to add them to the admin group. I really don't want to do that. Is there somthing else I am missing? I am giving log on locally rights on the Exchange 5.5 member server that is running IIS. Do I need to add security rights somewhere in IIS?

Thanks,

Gary T. Olson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back