Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA access, only administrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCFAdmin

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2003
US
I'm testing 03 exchange with multiple domains. I got it all figured out except the OWA access. My admin account logs on with no problem but other users are denied access.

Someone mentioned allowing users to logon on locally to ther server. Not that I want this, but I tried it with no success. I have also verifed that the allow remote access was granted under exchange features (under the user properties)

Does anyone know of any other permission setting that may be permitting this?

Thanks
Charles

No luck... I'm not using a proxy. This occurs both internally and externally. The logon locally and access this computer are both set, yet only the admin can access OWA.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks
Charles

No luck.......

It once worked at one time. I have not changed any setting. I tried everything and verified every setting and wasted numerous hours.

I have since then gave up!!!

Thanks

I personally have no probs with login in as an ordinary user, but what I discovered was that if the user have never accessed the mailbox form ordinary Outlook or have reveived a mail in his mailbox the mailbox was not accessible from OWA..
Tell me is it a 2003 or 2000 Server you are running it on?

I have it running on w2k as my main server with accounts that have used regualr outlook, that are unable to access. I also have it installed on 03 server which is my test server. The fuuny thing is that is all worked about a month ago, any users from outside or on the LAN.

Thanks

Did you by any chance remove the SMTP addresses for the native Active Directory domain? These addresses need to remain for the users to be able to use OWA.

For instance, if your Active Directory domain is COMPANY.LOCAL when you create users they will have an SMTP address of USER1@COMPANY.LOCAL. You might then add an SMTP address for this user like USER1@COMPANY2.COM. That's fine, and you can make it the primary address, but don't remove the @COMPANY.LOCAL address.

Hope this helps!

/gary

@gmcdonnell

I have the same problem.
Administrator can login only new made users cant use OWA!

In the recipient policies there is a Default one
i allways edit the deefault one and change @company.local to my real company domain name mycomanyname.com

is that the wrong way to do it?
should a make a new recipient policy and at my @mycomapnyname.com there?

Let me know what you find... I thought I had it figured out but once again only the admin can login. I too have the defualt as user@comapny.com, rather than the internal domain comp,any.local. I've understand as long as company.local was listed in the e-mail addresses it would work...

?????????

Lets just clarify, is everyone only having this problem remotely and not locally?

Users can log in locally to Exchange 2003 OWA but not remotely, they are challenged for username/pass then it comes back three times, same thing, then they get access denied?

I'm thinking it has to be a permission somewhere in IIS6 but I can't find it yet.

AM

Actually I just solved the problem. Im my case the environment had three servers. Two windows 2003 server (one running exchange) both DC's and one windows 2000 server. It appears for some reason the exchange server had not replicated with the 2003 PDC, because I simply reset a users password on the exchange server and I got in to OWA from outside :)

AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back