Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA 401 Unauthorized Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterHT

IS-IT--Management
Apr 21, 2004
US
I have several users that connect to my server via RDP/Terminal Services. I have them accessing OWA via a local link (
Most users have no trouble accessing. Some users ask for login credentials, then OWA draws the blue line separating the folder list from the email. Then I get three more login screens. I login with proper credentials each time, and after 4th login, I get the 401 Unauthorized error.

What's really strange, is when I hit the browser refresh, everything displays correctly.

Any suggestions/solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

Have you checked the browser versions on the offending machines? It could be that the clients require updating - other than this, and given the fact that others can connect successfully, I wouldn't really have any other sugesstions!.

What about spyware?
I know that it is "wack" but I have had similar problem with one laptop: I solved cleaning up (e.g. using Ad-Aware)

Robert

Since when you refresh, it wors, it sounds more like a local issue with cache on those PCs.
Clear their cache, and lower it while you are at it and see what happens.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions?
[/sub]
See faq222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back