Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA 2003 - Different attachment types force a save to disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxheight

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2004
US
I am running a windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 on it and most of my users connect utilizing OWA. Forms based authentication is enabled, and they are connecting over 443. The users are logging on with their FQDN and are using the Private option.

When attempting to open PDF files, the users are forced to save the file to the desktop instead of being able to open them in the browser window but they can open other attachment types like word .DOC files in a browser window.

I checked the level 1 and level 2 file types in the registry, but PDF is not listed in the list of controlled files that either cannot be opened, or that have to be saved to disk.

Was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what I can modify to allow users to open these file types in the browser window (I chose PDF, but there are a few other types as well).

Thanks

Mark

You need to add in: managment system of Exchange server -> global setting properties-> the mime: application/pdf ext. pdf

Nuni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back