Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OW5000 password

RonL2

Technical User
Jan 22, 2013
US
Somehow, during a support call I think, our default admin password no longer works. Is there a way to restore it to its default of admin (pw)admin?
I do have another administrator access account, so I can get in to make changes.
Thanks

Depending on how old your OW5000 install is the default password had to change the first time you used it.

There are only additional user accounts if they were setup. Without knowing the system you cannot easily know the user accounts. If you have access to the server you could search the database but still would need the password of the other user.

Depending on how old your OW5000 install is the default password had to change the first time you used it.

There are only additional user accounts if they were setup. Without knowing the system you cannot easily know the user accounts. If you have access to the server you could search the database but still would need the password of the other user.
I have a good user account that I log in with that gives me full admin functions. But I would like "admin" to be able to log in. I found the name admin in the directory and edited to change the password. When I logged off I still could not log back in with the name admin. I did not shut openworx down and restart it though. Any thoughts?

What version of OW5000 are you on?

If you have an account that can access OW5000 as an admin change the password in the user account and also change the password in the NEC CAS for admin. Make them match to make life easy on you.

In OW5000 Directory | Users | Filter by Login ID | Starts with admin

It should find the user account Administrator Administrator

Click the pencil icon and change the password as needed.

I wanted to chime in. I had a similar issue with an older system where the default password had to be changed, and it was a real hassle figuring out all the user accounts. If you can access the server, you might be able to search the database, but that won’t help without the password. One thing I found super useful is using a strong password checker to ensure any new passwords are up to snuff. I use a password strength tester regularly to avoid weak passwords. It’s not perfect, but it gives me a better sense of security.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back