Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OVL428

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krul72

Systems Engineer
May 26, 2020
US
Hello scholars and gentlemen,

I discovered that the PCMCIA slots (tracks?) on my SSC Nortel Meridian card were broken which prevented me from backing up.

CALL SERVER/MAIN CAB
VERSION 2121
RELEASE 4
ISSUE 50 W
IDLE_SET_DISPLAY NORTEL

So to increase the stupidity of the situation, I had another SSC card milling around looking for some action. The card didnt have the security dongle or daughterboard so I moved the parts from the old to the new. Bad plan. Now I am getting OVL428 when trying to logi with my admin2. I've tried restoring archived backups to no success. They restore, but OVL428 is really bringing me down. I put the old card back, but with the same result.

I'm certain it has something to do with the dongle and the TID not matching. I do not have the software although I can get into PDT2 if looking to make it worse. And before anyone gets too excited, this is just a three phone lab. I need the dial-tone for a different application. So I'm down if the best solution is to go all Office Space with a baseball bat on the switch.

If I am SOL, does anyone have a recommendation for a small phone switch that I can use to pass dial-tone to a Cisco UCM 12.5? Preferably one from the last twenty years?

What you have done is to swap over items that can make it worse than it was before.

Your daughterboard contains the software, a backup and login information.
OVL 428 is happening because you have a different account / password used.
This information can be accessed via "pdt" but we don't discuss it on this forum.

You also have a security dongle that has a site ID and this needs to be paired with the correct daughterboard.

My advice is to put everything back as it originally was and find a tech who knows how to diganose the problem.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks Firebird. I think its easier to find someone who can read ancient hieroglyphics than to find someone local to troubleshoot this switch. Believe me, I tried. I did put everything back but I'm still getting OVL428.

As I said, you need to get hold of a tech. I have a link that contains useful information that you can refer with.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

You are probably getting the OVL428 because it did an EDD and wiped out the daughterboard. So now as Firebird said you are worse off than when you started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back