Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OVL428 when accessing EM

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldestgeek

Technical User
Oct 23, 2008
US
I have a new CS1000 rls 7.5. Last week the UCM was working fine but now when I log into UCM and click on EM I get an OVL428 and it tells me to check the user name and password. Strangely, I can use that same user name and password to log in via the CLI, just not EM. I have two accounts created and both do the same thing. Login to the UCM and CLI aren't affected, only EM. I know the CS1000 is still registered to the security domain and still talking because I created a new account in UCM, then went to the CLI and used it to log in. Still when I click on the EM link I get the OVL428 message.

You may try to re-register the server that hosts the EM application.

err....actually. click on the radio button next to your EM hyperlink. Then across the top click on Edit, and down on the bottom right you will see the login/password combo used to access the EM application.

Thanks, Janaya. I've actually re-registered the CS1000 and also re-entered the login credentials. I've never had to enter those before so I left the login at Admin2 and used the default password in the password field. I'm thinking I may need to rebuild the UCM security server.

patch it up first before trying to rebuild. New patches came out in May, but I think new ones are on the way.

when you joined the security domain again, did it give you any problems?
also, did you try the FORCE command at the end,

and what login works on the TTY? Admin? or nothing?

EM is just a "Window" to the Callserver, so if TTY access works, does it give you a statement saying it's giving you access with emergency account?

It's all patched up with the May service pack and the CS1000 has the latest patches as well. No issues with joining the security domain - it has been working without problems for weeks until last week. No accounts work for EM but I can use either account to log into UCM - they are both set up with Network Admin permissions. I can also use either account to log into the CLI and I do not get the emergency account message.

how do the PTYs look in ld 37?

Did you ever get this resolved? we are having a similar issue... We can not even log into check the TTY's getting radius error ovl428 on all attempts to login.

I rebuilt the primary security server and all is well again. Thanks everyone.

oldestgeek,good afternoon, I have the same problem, the cpmg is running, I need to formatting and reconfigure everything again? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back