Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overwriting Allocated Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

screach

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2002
US
Is there a way to have this automatically accepted?

I have to manually go in and allow it to overwrite the allocated media during daily backups.

Message I receive is:

Overwriting allocated media DLT000003

Media overwrite protection is configured to overwrite allocated media. Screach.....the sound of your world coming to an end at the sight of the dreaded BSOD!

Issue solved. Screach.....the sound of your world coming to an end at the sight of the dreaded BSOD!

If you solved it why don't you share it with the rest of the world????

Was it just a media pool thing?

My apologies...

It was the media pool. I deleted all the jobs, reset the jobs and set it up to automatically overwrite.

Now I simply manage the media pool manually. Not ideal but it fixed the problem for me.

Screach.....the sound of your world coming to an end at the sight of the dreaded BSOD!

Cool thanks for the reply.

I also got it to go automatically what I did was:

Make new pool
Insert a tape
Right Click the media pool and click assign media
Then from the list choose the tape you just inserted

Keep going with all the tapes and you should have a working media pool that doesn't have the overwrite problem because when you put in the THURS tape it will know that is the correct tape because of the label & serial so will not have a problem overwriting it.

Another way is to just make new media pool, then erase the tape and format again at the same time assign to media pool with correct label, serial will be auto generated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back