Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oversized "Report Footer b" prevents CR 8.5.0 use!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhfmc

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2003
US
In Crystal Reports 8.5.0, somehow, in typing notes in Report Footer c, I managed to merge all of Report Footer c into Report Footer b, making the footer too long for CR, I imagine. This has rendered my report virtually useless. When I try to view the extra text in Report Footer b, I get this message: "Crystal Reports has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Trying to delete the section (right click in design tab), printing the page and other functions result in the same problem. I don't have a good backup copy. How do I purge the offending Report Footer b, saving all my hard work in the program? This is driving me crazy!

ACK!!!

This may be a corrupt report, so trial and error is your best bet, but first, make a back up copy, because it may worsen.

One thing you might try is to save it as a CR 7 report.

I've never heard of report footers miraculously merging, so it sounds ominous.

Another thing you might try is opening the report and changing the printer characteristics to a larger format, either by select a larger paper size, or if that fails, a different printer, such as the HP 3500 cps (allows for plenty of space).

Let's read if you work it out.

-k

Worse case if unable to salvage - try creating a new report at the same time as the corrupt copy & copy/paste all relevant fields / formulas across...

Is still hard work but is at least an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back