Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overriding original Flash (MX 2004) files

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveHigh

Technical User
Jan 17, 2007
GB
Hello

This is a simple (I think) question about editing/customising Flash sites in general.

I have recently bought a Flash site which came in four folders: fla, fonts, psd, and swf&html.

The psd folder contains Photoshop images (Psd files) which, the vendor informs me, I do not need to change. I only need concern myself with the .FLA file.

To customise the site, then, do I simply open up the .FLA file, then Windows | Library and import the images, symbols, and movie clips on to the stage, individually, and then attempt to edit/customise them?

When I have edited them, do I then save them with the same file names they came with? That is, do I overwrite the originals with my own?

For example, I have a _preloader.jpg in my Flash Library folder. Can I customise this (in Photoshop, for example and, once done, import it back into the Library) to show my own customised version and then save it with the same _preloader.jpg name?

Many thanks.

Steve

every template is different. Mostly, they require a working knowledge of flash... but I can say this.. whatever instance names and linkage names that each item currently has... If the names stay the same, then you should be able to edit them as required and they should work.. but why edit in photoshop? edit them in flash (you could incorporate photoshop textures, colors, etc) ..

Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back