Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overriding login prompt message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus

Programmer
Mar 22, 2001
CA
Is there away in hp to override the login message? In solaris using pam_get_user(pamh, &user, LOGIN_PROMPT) - where LOGIN_PROMPT is defined as a string in a header file, changes my login message from login to "Program name" login. This function does not have the same effect in hp. Any suggestions.
Thanks

There's a file in /etc named copyright. That is the file that appears after your login has been authenticated and you are actually on the system.

Is that the one you want to change?

bi,
No, the prompt I'm trying to override is the one that asks for your username. It's prior to any authenication.

Try editing the /etc/inetd.conf file and putting a -b option to telnetd service. See telnetd man page

Tim.

Venus,

I'm assuming you already have this solved, but in case you haven't:

Have you tried the pam_set_item routine? See the man page for this. This looks like it would help you.

Also, to avoid a login prompt to the HP box, there is always rlogin. You could add a command in the user's profile to call the application prompt.

If you have solved your problem, how did you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back