Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overriden Qualified Table Name & [sql] Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

OraclePupil

Technical User
Jan 6, 2011
US
Environment: Crystal Reports X, SQL Server 2008

Backstory: I created a report using the [SQL] Command option and inserted my sql query that included several joins on a few tables. Typically, I would create a report & perform the necessary linking through Crystal and later specify the "Overriden Qualified Table Name" on the report if another user plans to run the report against their own database.

Question: Is it possible to set the "Overridden Qualified Table Name" for a report that was created based on a SQL command (that is possibly joining several tables in the query)?

OraclePupil

Provided the SQL in your command is not schema or database specific then it should work on users own database provided table names are all the same.

Thus you should not need to use Overridden Qualified Table Name.

Ian

Thanks for the quick response, Ian.

I didn't think you needed to specify the Overridden Qualified Table Name when a report created using sql syntax, so I will review the syntax used again.

Thanks again for the advice Ian.

OraclePupil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back