Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Override Caller ID Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaynarco

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2007
GB
Does anybody know how you can override the caller id block on Cisco Call Manager. I have a site set up with the caller id block setup on the gateway. The problem I have is the customer would like the caller id block to remain but they would like to disable it for individual calls as and when they need it.

Apparently they used to be able to do it on their legacy system by dialling *63. I have spoken to the Telco to see if we can get the caller id block put on the ISDN 30 but they say this isn't possible.

Thanks.

Have you tried messing with the settings within the Lines in the column on the left hand side when looking at the devices? There are settings in there that allow you to have it set either to show who's calling and to let others see your ext./# and to block it. Aside from this are you trying to be specific when calling out that only certain people or numbers can see your number and others cannot?

Scott

Have you got it working yet ?

If you have set the CLI restriction on the route level then just copy teh exisitng route patterns but change the restriction to allow and chose a different prefix

9@ - Block CLI
*9@ - Allow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back