Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

overprinting navy text on navy image

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudonam

MIS
Dec 5, 2006
IE
Hi there,

I am new to this forum and am tearing my hair out at the mo!

I have only recently moved over to indesign (from quark), must say it is a great piece of software, even though it is taking me a while to get used to it!

My problem - I have navy text placed on top of a navy image. When I check the seps, the text appears both lighter and darker than it should be. It is a breeze to do it in quark, but no matter what I do I cant get it to work properly.

Please help!

I don't quite understand. Wouldn't navy text on a navy background be invisible?

If, by some chance you brought that background in from another progam - like a tiff from photoshop, use the eydropper tool in indesign to make a color swatch and use that for your navy text. Because of the way photoshop interprets color, you might find that a cmyk (or rgb) made in photoshop does not exactly match that same cmyk (or rgb) made in either Illustrator or Indesign.

Also make sure that everthing has the same color mode and profiles.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Sorry i was off line until now.

I am designing a booklet in two colour. On the top right hand corner of each page I have placed a gr/scale tiff of a photograph which I have then coloured navy.

The text in booklet is also navy. When the text comes into contact with the image, it either goes darker or lighter. I have no probs sorting this out in Quark (you would change the trapping) it is just Indesign (aagh!).

Make sure the text is on a layer ABOVE the image. It's looks as though there is interaction between the text and image which indicates there is some transparency in the image which in turn is affecting the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back