Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overlay of bitmap images onto a 3D model

Status
Not open for further replies.

anpfire

Programmer
Oct 8, 2003
CA
Hi,
I have a 3D model of a building in AutoCAD. I also have numerous pictures (in .bmp and .jpg format) of all sides of the building.
The 3D CAD model is an accurate representation with its dimensions reflecting the true values of the actual building. The images are obviously 2D, but I know the 3D coordinates of all corners of the building.
I want to overlay the images onto the 3D CAD model (similar to what you see in TV car ads where they show the wireframe model of the car and then fade to the actual/real image of the car).
Since I've seen this sort of thing done on TV alot, do you know of any 3ds Max tutorials or examples that deal with this problem? If you don't know of any samples, are there any functions/tools within 3ds Max that might be worth looking into?
I appreciate any help you can give. Thanks.
Anoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back