Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overlay and Repeat Group Header on Each Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjmoffitt

Programmer
Oct 23, 2000
US
I have developed a report in CR 8.5. It consists of a group and detail lines. I have the group heading overlaying the detail lines since the group header is about 7 lines long. The report looks something like the following:

Customer Number Invoice Number Current Amt Due
Customer Name
Customer Address

Customer Added: date
Current Balance Due:
Total Amount Overdue:

The Customer information is contained in the group header and the invoice number and current amt due is contained in the detail section and the Total Amount Overdue is contained in group footer. The Customer information is overlaying the invoice detail section. Sometimes a customer will have many invoices that will start on one page and continue onto the next page. When the invoice information flows over to the next page, I checked the setting "Repeat Group Header on Each Page" so that the customer information would also be on the next page. The problem is that if only one detail invoice is printed on the following page, the customer information overlays to the following customer making the report messy. To prevent the customer information from overlaying the next customer information, I have turned off the Repeat Group Header on Each Page. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to repeat the group header without it overlaying the next customer information?

Hi,

Try turned on the Repeat Group Header on Each Page again
and using the new page after on the corresponding group footer.

It will waist space on the last page of each group but it should get round your problem.

Hth,
Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back