Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overlapping/Transparent 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlpsyp

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2003
US
I have been playing with Photo-paint to get some images done. I know nothing about this program but have learned alot thanks to Attrofy. So far, so well..... I have been able to take photos and feather them and do a few other things (FYI, it is not easy to get just a outline of a Tank...) What I am trying to do now is to overlap some photos but not block what is behind the first photo. I am wanting to make the top photo 60 percent transparent or so (layering). In other words have the top photo visible while that back photo shows through the top photo. Possible??? Also, How can I merge photos? In other words if I have to Tanks or two groups of people jumping out of a airplane, how can I make them merge into one to a point but keeping the distinction between the two (overlapping).

Thanks,

Bill

On the left toolbar, towards the bottom, (second tool above the colored box selectors) is the Interactive Drop shadow. Fly that menu out (bottom right arrow on icon), and select the Object Transparency Brush Tool.

This works just like the paintbrush tool, but whatever you paint will be made transparent. On the bottom tool bar, the numbers beside the transparency correspond to "Opacity" of the object. 255 is no transparency, 0 is completely invisible. The nib size, and feather properties can have some good effects.

It is pretty simple to figure out. Play with it a bit.

The interactie trasnparency tool can be used to create object "fades". Where one half of the object is full color, and fades off to complete (or almost complete transparency). This is a good effect for dramatic text, where a picture fades off to a more neutral color, and some text is inserted beside the picture.

Let us know if you need any more help.

Russell

I will give this a shot in the next day or so. I opened a can of whoop ass on this one. Now they want even more...........

Thanks AGAIN Russell

No problem. That is what happens. They will just want more and more and more.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back