Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overiding Catalog Joins

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcking

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2003
GB
I have 1 catalog setup against our DataWarehouse and it is working well. I have recently been creating a few new reports and I have issues with the joins.

With some reports I want to remove (or not use) a join that is needed for other reports.

Apart from creating a copy of the catalog is there a way that I can make a report ignore a particular join? Or to force it to use the joins that I want?

Has anyone else had this problem? How did you overcome it?

Thanks for your time.
Brett

Create Alias tabels with the joins you want to use.

Regards,

Menno

bcking,

You can in fact edit the sql for a particular report, thus overriding what is generated based on the catalog. Once you do this however, you do lose a lot of functionality within the Report..Query dialog, so make a copy of your imr file!!

But basically, from the Report..Query menu option, select the Profile tab and select the SQL option button. You should have a button on the right labelled Edit which will allow you to type/edit the statement...

(Having said that, I've never actually had to edit the SQL as of yet, so let me know how you make out!!)

Cheers,

Pedro Cardoso
A.K.A CanadianTechie
[pc2]

Thanks guys,
I had already started to work on the alias and this works fine. I'll have a go at overiding the SQL as well, though this is pretty restrictive if I then want to add any further data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back