Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overhead Page Problem Option 11c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndorfn

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2005
US
I have an option 11c that just started not broadcasting the overhead page. Is there a way to go in and like restart that option?

Thanks in advance.

I am assuming that when you dial a number a trunk is seized then external paging system is accessed and you can then speak over speakers throughout building. Usually the paging system is what you will need to check if powered on or has a problem. If you can dial the paging number and just get silence - I would then recommend checking the paging device. Hope this helps?

depends on what happens when you dial the acod... couple of ways to build page access, trunk or station level being the two broad discricptions.. try to ld 80 trac 0 xxxx on the number you dial.. if it's a trunk go to 21 and do a ltm on the acod..

ld 20
ltm
acod xxxx that will show you the tn of the page trunk,, stat that in 32 to see if it's locked out.. or disabled. grab a butt set or an analog phone and connect it to the port, dial the pag code and you should be able to talk to that test set.. may or may not be able to have a two way but needs at least voice transmit to the tn... that can tell you if it's the switch or the paging system

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Print the TN for the paging trunk. Put a telephone test set on the TN and see if you can hear audio when you page. If you do then the trouble is with the paging amp. If not then the Univ Trunk Card should be replaced.

If it worked before and suddenly stopped, I'd look at the paging hardware first.

Is the paging unit a Valcom? If any changes are made to our paging system (speakers added, changed, even a re-punch) I almost always have to toggle power to get paging back.

Another obvious place to look is the volume control - is it maybe turned all the way down?

You might also want to check the delay on the paging system - An SBC tech "adjusted" that for me once and pages actually sounded about a half hour after they were made.

Steve Harmon
Greenfield, Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back