Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overhead Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montero84

Technical User
Jul 17, 2008
US
Hello,

I work in a 4 floor building, I have configured overhead page by floor... the thing is that I was requested to have music overhead in an area in the first floor... I am guessing I need to have a music on hold device and then to configure a DAC or FAC and then to dial one of those feature to get me to the "Auxiliary port" for music... Have somebody do that before?, Do I need a vector or something like that? I hope somebody can give me the instructions to configure that...

Thanks in advance!

I am not sure if I explained well what I need but.. I will try one more time.. what I need is to have overhead music playing in the reception/waiting area but at same time I need to be able to do page.. so when somebody want to do and overhead page then the music will go off for that moment and will continue playing after the overhead page... I hope it's not confusing.

I'm going to go ahead and take a stab and say that's not really possible without a separate paging system. In order to do what you want the reception area would need to call the music on hold source then transfer it to the page group extension. That would make music play overhead. But after that connection is made there's really no way to interrupt it without having to do the transfer again to make it start. Maybe I misunderstood what you're asking, but I don't think it's possible without adding hardware.

overhead paging with background music is common. The switch will provide and interface to your paging equipment.

Your paging equipment is where you connect a background music source.

You should post your paging equipment type for someone to be able to help you.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back