Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overflow to VMPro Auto Attendant 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.flanagan

Technical User
Apr 16, 2019
US
Currently, calls go straight to the customers AA on their VMP. However, they want calls to route to single receptionist and then to an additional 2 backup receptionists if the first does not answer. If none of the 3 answer, they want calls to go to their AA that has options to route calls to the various departments.

I created a collective ring reception HG with just the main receptionist. Then I created a collective ring overflow HG. Then I created a HG that has 1 user who forwards unconditional to a short code that dials their AA.

In the main groups overflow tab, I both second groups. First the group with 2 users and then the group with the forward user.

When you call in it rings the receptionist an appropriate amount of times and then overflows to the group with 2 users but it never uses the 3rd group to forward to the AA. It just rings first group, then second, then first, and so on.

If I dial the unconditional forward user I do land in the AA. However, if I dial the group that has only the forward user I get disconnected.

What am I missing? Is there a different or better way to do this?

Is the user Forwarded, including hunt group calls?

Is the the hunt group with the forwarding user sequential?

I have ticked the include hunt group box.

The group is in collective ring (I'm assuming I should change it to sequential?)

Forward Hunt Group Calls Default = Off
Hunt group calls (internal and external) are not normally presented to a user who has forward unconditional active. Instead they are presented to the next available member of the hunt group. This option, when checked, sets that hunt group calls (internal and external) are also forwarded when forward unconditional is active. The group's Ring Type must be Sequential or Rotary, not Collective or Longest Waiting. The call is forwarded for the period defined by the hunt group's No Answer Time after which it returns to the hunt group if unanswered. Note also that hunt group calls cannot be forwarded to another hunt group.

Hung group, overflow hung group & then a bmp group start point for the 1st reception group.
Basic I'll operation

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

forward HG calls only works for sequential groups so if you stagger the groups 1 then 2 then 3 the 3rd group has to be a sequential and you can then forward it with the users forward
OR
go group 1 then 2 then 3 and set the third group out of service and in the fallback target you put in a shortcode that points to the auto attendant

as you see there are many ways to do this and there is no right or wrong really as long as it works and you don't upgrade as Avaya sometimes breaks things :)

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back