Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

overflow to mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonedude

Vendor
Aug 20, 2001
US
I have a Magix R2.2 with MLM007, AA answers, callers 0 out, calls hg 772 with 5 members, circular, autologout, if users are logged out or busy I want to go to a mailbox.
I set 772 to overflow to HG of 775, I built 775 as AA3. Calls come in press 0, extension in HG rings then logs out user, rings other user then logs out, then calls go to MOH instead of going to the 775 group. If I login again the phone begins to ring.
If I set the overflow to 770 (VM) VM answers and says transferring to operator...
If I call 775 from ICM, I get ring been for 15 seconds then the AA3 greeting. What am I missing?

I tried that. When I do, it goes right to the mailbox and never rings the group.

I have 3 phones logged in. It will ring each phone for the 30 seconds log them out, then ring the next, then the next, then go to MOH. I doesn't seem to do the overflow. overflow threshold is 99, overflow time is 10-30 ( been changing for testing)

Way back when this phone system was developed, Bell Labs did so based on the idea that people were actually going to answer them when a call came in. (Crusty old Tech Support engineer's sarcasm, thrown in for free)

But, that being said, let me suggest a different test. Rather than letting the Call "TIME OUT" and go to the next, and the next and so on, let's have the agents DELIBERATELY log out before the call is delivered. Also, please share with us the TYPE OF HUNT and the TYPE OF GROUP CALL you are using.

I think once you do that, you should see the OVERFLOW go as you expected, but either way, you will have made a different test.

I recall that Bell Labs told us that the Call Flow changes somewhat when the call is delivered to a member and then refused, and put back into the queue.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

I made the overflow timer 45 seconds. It seems the timer needs to be higher than the queue timer. The queue timer is 30 seconds. I read somewhere in Avaya docs timer needed to be higher. Is there a place to change the queue overflow timer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back