Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overflow (Red) Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanman74

Instructor
Apr 28, 2004
US
I have a user that has a Quark 6.1 problem. She created a document in 6.1 and saved it. Upon reopening, text boxes appear empty with the red overflow box in the corner. I have resized the box, copied and pasted to a new document, resized text with the measurment palette, changed text color, changed box color, but nothing brings the text back....If I select all and delete, the cursor comes up where it should, but I don't want to lose he text...

Running 6.1 and Panther

Any ideas?

We had that problem...and pictures behaving in the same way.

I found the cause for us was when we were updating QXP5 files (or lower) to 6. I found the only work round was to open the original document and do a save as to the desktop before copying it back to the server. Since then, the problem has gone (bloody annoying though....lots of lost time).

Also, the other thing I have set up each user with is a auto back-up folder on the desktop...saving a copy of current files every 5 or 6 revisions...just in case, it has come in useful a couple of times.

BD

If sarcasm is the lowest form of wit...what is the highest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back