Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overflow options for CS1000 & Callpilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

tupper128

IS-IT--Management
Sep 27, 2011
CA
I was wondering if it is possible to have a que overflow on demand to another number using callpilot and cs1000. I hear alot of talk about ACD overflow, but there must be a way to make the calls overflow on demand from CCMA or some other option if at all possible. I am new to the system and do not know a lot of the abbreviations, but I will try my best and if I am not clarifying this enough please let me know and I will try my best.

Thank you for your support!

Sounds like you want to use what we call a "trigger agent". I'm assuming you have CCMS/CCMA. A trigger agent is an agent with a non-standard login ID that when logged in, call flow routes differently based on how the script is written.

For example, if you create a trigger agent for emergencies, you might add the agent to CCMA with login ID 911911 and name it Emergency Agent. Then modify the existing script to say "If agent 911911 is logged in, route call to answering service". (of course, that's not the exact script language you use)

Then in the event of an emergency, simply go to any phone acquired by CCMS and log the Emergency Agent in.

We use trigger agents for emergencies, meetings, inclement weather, etc. They all have their own unique login IDs so they can't be logged in by mistake. You have to know what you're doing to log them in.

Is this something like what you are after?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back