Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

overflow error when upsizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gill1978

Programmer
Jun 12, 2001
GB
Hi,
I'm in the process of upsizing an Access 97 database to SQL Server 2000. However I get an "Overflow" error message.

Having a quick read I apparently need to upsize to SQL server 7.0 then copy that into SQL Server 2000.

What permissions do I need to the upsizing. To create the blank database I need the SA permissions but can this be reduced down to DataReader/writer and DLL admin only while i'm going through the actual upsizing task???

Thanks for any help ..

Julie

I am pretty sure Access 97 can upsize to SQL 2000. I suspect whatever you are reading is based on the fact that Access 97 and SQL Server 7.0 are contemporary products.

As for permissions, you could create an empty database and make whoever is doing the upsizing the DBO... Aliasing to DBO seems to work best.

You might also try upgrading your database to Access 2003 and then upsizing it. Then if you really want to, you can convert the front end back to Access 97.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back