Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overflow error in summary query 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

murad5

Technical User
Sep 12, 2003
US
Hi, I'm trying to create a summary query based on another query, but when I run it I get an Overflow error.

The query I am trying to summarise has five fields - Marcom_ID, Call_Date, Calls_1, Calls_2, Calls_3. This query runs fine and returns about 55,000 rows. For the summary query, I link Marcom_ID to another table in which it is the primary key and group by the field Country in the related table. The summary query then takes this form - Country (group by), Sum of Calls_1, Sum of Calls_2, Sum of Calls_3. The error message doesn't have any error number or anything., Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks...

I have received this error in queries where the expressions were too complex or there was some division that involved a zero in the numerator or denominator.

Just a thought.

ProDev, MS Access Applications
Visit me at ==> Contact me at ==>lonniejohnson@prodev.us

May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

Thanks Lonnie, there was a division by zero lurking deep down in one of the source queries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back