Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

overflow a cse1000E sip call to an alternate dn on network outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

1998xj8

Technical User
Jun 12, 2008
US
How can we route a call to another cse1000 with secondary call pilot if the primary call pilot has no network connectivity ?

Basically we want calls from field office cse1000's going to networked call pilot to go to another call pilot dn in case of trouble. If the backup nrs is up can we still do this. Is this the congestion prompt or another choice on cpd rli ? How can this be done on the sip switched level. The call pilot geo feature is not designed for this.

I have not seen a Call Pilot that uses SIP. It uses AML over ethernet. Each Call Pilot is assigned a CDN and your phones hunt and forward to that CDN. You would need a High Availability Call Pilot to do this as far as I know.

SIP connectivity for CallPilot is coming, but is not yet available. Until that is true, It may be possible to route a call to another CallPilot, but I don't think it would be practical. I think it would cause a huge amount of user confusion when messages start going to a different voice mail server than they are used to.

The mailbox number may be different, the password may be different, the access number may be different, etc. I don't see the benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back