Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overall NDS Health

Status
Not open for further replies.

lap73

MIS
Jul 11, 2001
US
Does anyone have the skinny on a good utility I can use to check the overall health of our Netware 4.x NDS database? I have read a couple of TID's from Novell's website. They seem to show a healthy Directory, however we still seem to have flukey sychronization problems (i.e. 626 errors, 601 errors). I have also downloaed the DSDIAG utility that Novell recommends. This utility not very user friendly, however it seems to reflect a heatlh Directory database as well.

These are the TID's I found.

What Service Pack are you running? Also, what CLient are you running on what operating system? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

We are on Service Pack 8.a and our workstation clients run anywhere from version 2.5 to 3.1 for Windows 95/98.

Go onto click on search and type the following (including speech marks):

"Error 626"

You will get quite a few results, have a look through and see if any apply to your problems. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back