Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Over Writing Tape 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PotatoSoup

Technical User
Sep 3, 2010
US
I am only allowed to backup to 'new' tapes. When I place and old tape in that I want copied over it will not allow tht job to run.

It indicates in the MEDIA SET set-up that if the job is set on NONE that it will overwrite. But it is not doing so.

Any thoughts?

Hey My PotatoSoup

Check what media group the job is pointing too (right click the job and choose properties)Find the media group name, and then goto the media tab and right click the group and choose properties, set the over write protection to 1hr to try it.

Also check what media group the tape is allocated to Goto device tab, click your unit, then it shows you the media group that your tape belongs to, edit that too or move it to the correct media group

If that still fails check the tape is not physically write protected

Jamie

Thanks Jamie!

I changed it to 1hr and it is working now. Seems like a pretty simple fix...don't know why I made it so hard!?!

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back