Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Over head Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

greywolf123

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2005
US
I know there has been quit a few posts on hear discussing this topic but there all pretty cryptic. What i'm looking to do
is take analog ext 201 and run it to a paging amp. hardware wise I was hoping to get away with a Pyle PCM30A 30W PA Mixer-Amplifier( which as a tel/page option(Tel/Page: 100 mV, 600Ω, balanced). So after hooking that up setting ip manager with the following options under user 201 voicemail unchecked, uncheck everything under telephony except Offhook Station, under Extension 9 201 check Paging Speaker and IVR Port. and then create a short code Dial Page with the EXT 201 under Telephone Number, and create your button. After everything is hooked up and programmed cycle the power on the 406v2 and everything should work.

Is this correct am I forgetting something???

Thank you in advance
~Grey

On User 201, uncheck Offhook station
On Extension 201, check only Paging Speaker (you can't check BOTH Paging Speaker and IVR port anyway)
Make a Hunt Group, say 299, call it Paging, put User 201 in that
Make a short code, such as *88, Dial Page, 299, LG=0
If you want a button on a phone, make it Dial *88

You may also have to put a 600 or so ohm resistor across Tip and Ring of Ext. 201

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back