Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OVA backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

msk69

MIS
May 29, 2020
PK
Hi,
We have installed communication manager application using VMware ESXi on a virtual machine, we also configured complete database of the site requirement. We now wants to take a backup OVA file on our Laptop (like we use to take image of HDD and this image can be restore in case of machine crash). I am not expert in managing virtual machines, can somebody guide a simple procedure how to take an OVA on Laptop? DO i also have to shutdown the application before taking backup of OVA?

This is a very basic question with plenty of existing answers. One can type "OVA backup" in an internet search (google, youtube, etc) and answer this question. That's probably why nobody has bothered to reply here.

After this, refer to your other topic to convert to OVA. thread54-1808852

Yes, there is no "simple" answer. Yes, you should be able to do that. I believe you do have to shutdown first in order to make an OVA. I'm no VMware expert myself, but exactly how it's done is probably dependent on what version of VMware you're running. I'm on vSphere 6.7.

Here's an example I found from a Google search:
I don't get the option to export as an OVA. From the documentation: In vSphere 6.5 and later, you cannot export OVA templates, OVF templates is the only option.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

Thanks Guys...Thats what i needed..actually i googled the same first but got a lot of reference and books but that was confusing for me to follow which reference.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back