Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OUtside Line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

andypmicrograce

IS-IT--Management
Sep 29, 2004
GB
Help Please

I have 7 outside lines on my Norstar and I cannot dial out over the last 4.

The system is set up in the following way:

Line 1 - Is working ok allocated to button 1

Line 2 - Is working ok allocated to button 2 AUX line 1

Line 3 - Is working ok allocated to button 3 FAX line

Line 4 - NEW line shows as line 31

Line 5 - NeW line shows as line 32
Line 6 - NEW line shows as line 33

Line 7 - NEW line shows as line 34

You receive incoming calls on lines 4 through 7 but they only ring on the main phone and you caznnot get an outside line. If you ress 9 then you get no tone. THE FIRST THREE LINES DO NOT NEED A 9

I need to have lines 4- 7 for outgoing and lines 1 - 3 for incoming.

How do I allocate a key to select the last lines and make the call appear on all of the phones

Thanks

Andy

silly end user first read the manuals...
second make the last 4 lines the same as the first 4 lines
third give all sets access to said new lines
fourth find a quailified/experienced norstar tech who can get you off the 1a2 mentality and bring your system from the 1980's into the 21 century.

Get into config programming, under terminals and sets enter an ext number, show line access, then line assignment. Enter line number and change to appear only, press next to add the next line and so on. Repeat for other ext's that need line appearance.

Thank you Luger

Unforunatly I am clearing up someone elses mess and I am an MD110 man. Not this old rubbish. I have a PDF file with some programming info in it is there anything more detailed

Cheers for you help.

Andy

Norstar is not "old rubbish". It has stood the test of time when other systems would have and did crash.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back