Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outside Line Group Access via Flexible Numbering? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switchroom

Technical User
Nov 11, 2004
US
Hi All. System is a 1232-6 most extensions are analog, the idea is for users to dial 9 for local calls and 8 for LD. Aside from 401 “Outside Line Group Assignment” for local COs to be TRG1 and LD COs to be TRG2, the next step appears to be 100 “Flexible Numbering” to change Feature Code 9 to dial 81 and 8 to dial 82. The KSU is already installed at a remote campus so I can’t experiment readily. Has anyone set up this kind of programming and can tell me if I’m on the wrong path?

Another caveat is that TRG2 will be serviced by a VoIP box (Quintum TenorAX) and data T1 that ends up with mirror equipment connected to the main campus NEAX 2400 PBX. Thus there will be a delay before dialtone appears at the KSU side. 412 “Pause Time” appears to only work with 411 “Host PBX Access Codes”. I need a pause (4.5sec would be nice) when 82 is dialed before the digits go out. The same delay when dialing 81 should not cause a problem connecting to the local CO if the delay is global.

Thanks in advance for any help.
--
Roger Elmore
IT Telecommunications
University of Tennessee at Martin

you may want to consider using ARS!!

Ah ha! Thanks for the search word to use until I get back to the manual in the office. The NEAX calls its tables LCR (least cost routing) and is the term I'm more familiar with. We have seven PRIs for DID/DOD from the local CO and three for 1+ and 0+ from the LD vendor on the PBX. I've installed a few Panasonic KSUs around campus, but this is the first one that's off campus and would have two providers on the CO side.

Thanks again for pointing me in what probably is the proper direction.

There ya go! I'm used to usenet where not getting flamed is about all the appreciation you get... <g>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back