Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outside intercom to phone line

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOKA

Technical User
Apr 15, 2001
US
Hello, everyone.
I was wondering if anyone could point me to an existing product. We would prefer off-the-shelf solution.

We have a building with several different companies and front door is always locked. We would like to install an intercom-to-phone system outside for visitors.

Our requirements:
- this box does not need to open the door;
- this box has to connect to a regular pots line;
- this box needs to dial several preprogrammed phone numbers, so 7 or 8 buttons to program each with a phone number would be perfect.

Thanks

I'll toss my vote in for Viking - I have been using their products for years with very few problems, and the last problem I had with a speaker the girl in customer service just sent me a couple out for free. How can you top that!

I have a talk-a-phone product in one of my stanchions that Viking didn't have anything to fit that I think was recommended from someone on here. I haven't had any problems with that one either.

Thank you all for your replies!

I am looking at a couple of Vikings products now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back