Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OUTSIDE FORWARD w/a TWIST 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvrdwn

MIS
Nov 21, 2002
US
My call center works off a NORTEL SWITCH.

Our Nighttime person receives approx 6 calls a night. So the owner of the company wants to have the calls routed to this persons house each night – rather than have hime come in every night for 6 – 10 calls.

My question – If someone knows - Is there a way we can set up (whether through the configuration features on the phones or in the ACD system) this process to be done (preferabbly automatically)each night.

Say – at 6:30 PM stop routing calls in house and transfer them to this persons home. THEN at 10:00 PM stop routing calls to this persons house and back inside our offices so GENERAL DELIVERY can record voicemails.

Sub questions –
1. If this person misses a call – will the call go into HIS voicemail or back into ours (provided the IF NO ANSWER feature would work after externally forwarding).

I cant think of a way the norstar can do it with a norstar voice mail, but the amanda can do it with the norstar. You scn specify what greeting is play and when and give an option to reach him at his house. Then you can have it do a super vised xfer and listen for a RNA or busy and return it to the mail box to take a message. But I dont think it can be done with all Norstar. It is just a little to limited in that aspect. Richard S. McCranie
CoMatrix Southeast
richm@comatrix.com

Sure this could be done 'all Norstar' in the following ways:

Person at home could have a FastRad access to the KSU and change the CCR tree xfer point manually at night from home;

Person could use the external call forward options in the personal mailbox and change them remotely as required;

Use night service and have a dedicated phone ring and externally call forward the phone to the persons house; or

use the greeting tables to prompt evening callers to dial a digit which is always programmed but not always prompted.

Just a couple of ways that occurred to me there are likely more.

PhM

Also a digital extender are nice items (but expensive) so that the user will have a set at home that acts as if they were in the office.
spoclogo2.jpg

nks for the help everyone.

Curycord - - it looks like we're gonna go the route of the extenders using RVoIP and the MCK4000's.

You're right - they're pricey - but now we have about 15 people that will need to log into the queue from home.
[2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back