Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OutputTo - Macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruggierm1

Technical User
Sep 29, 2010
US
I'm trying to create a macro which exports a query to Excel. Everything works fine until I fill out the Output file field. No matter what I type in for the path, it won't accept it. When I leave the field blank it will prompt me for a location (which is what it's supposed to do). I have even adjusted the trust center settings to make sure the location that I am saving it to is considered a trusted location. Any help would be appreciated. I need to automate this task, as I will have 20 plus queries that need to run every month. BTW, I have also installed Service Packs 2 and 3.

I always use code, not macros, however I know in code, Access is fussy about () and ". Hope that helps.

This may be worth a try. I created a button on my form (btnExport) and on the 'onClick' event I wrote the following

Private Sub btnExport_Click()
Dim x As Boolean

x = ExportQuery("qryAllArea", "C:\temp\output.xls")

End Sub

Public Function ExportQuery(qryName As String, ExportFName As String) As Boolean

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel97, qryName, ExportFName, True

End Function

The 'onClick' routine passes through 2 parameters to a function (the query name and the filename)
Hope this helps

Sometimes if you want to put a nail in a piece of wood, you just gotta hit it with a hammer!!

I do a lot of macro writing and I've never had a problem with importing or exporting. Macros are clean and easy generally speaking.

Put quotation marks around the file path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back