Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OutputTo Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

newguy86

Technical User
May 19, 2008
US
Hi all,
Before I get started here's a little background on the setup that I'm working with. I have an Access 2007 db that collects data from multiple sources, compiles that data into various reports, and output's those reports to a sharepoint site via a macro.

The issue that I'm having is that whenever I run the macro by clicking a button on a form I receive the following error message:

The OutputTo action was canceled.

You used a method of the DoCmd object to carry out an action in Visual Basic, but then clicked Cancel in a dialog box.
For example, you used the Close method to close a changed form, then clicked Cancel in the dialog box that asks if you want to save the changes you made to the form.

Now after I click the button on the form I do not click anything else before this error pops up. But interestingly enough whenever I run the macro myself (in other words opening the Navigation Pane and physically double-clicking the macro to be run) everything works perfectly fine. And the button on the form is only setup to run the macro.

Another odd thing is that I cannot get any debuggers to trigger in the code that's being run no matter how I try to run the macro but I'm pretty sure that that's not related.

Any thoughts on what's happening or suggestions on what I can do?

Travis

I have resolved the issue. It appears to be related to a checkbox, which allows the user to select which reports they want run, that has been disabled and therefore throws an error whenever the code touches it.

Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back