Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outputting Access data to MS Word...ouch...I'm hurtin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike777

Programmer
Jun 3, 2000
US
My boss wants this report with like a thousand fields microprinted on one page. I'm thinking there must be a better way than creating a thousand text boxes (it's not a thousand, it's really like 500) on a page and making individual expressions (or field names) for each box.
Through code, can I dynamically populate Access report text boxes, or maybe even output the data to Word where I could micromanage the data with Word's character by character column and row positioning?
Any way I do it, it's gonna be a lot of work (she also wants to query the data based on any combination of 40 criteria).
Also, the situation is likely to be fluid, with them asking for changes to the report structure regularly.
Better get some no-doze.
Thanks for your help.
kempmike65@aol.com

Perhaps I dont fully understand what you need to do, but...

Can you make use of the Office Links button on the toolbar of the report preview screen ? This will output your report dirrectly to MS Word.

In Word, if you want the text in tables you can select the text and choose "convert text to table" with the "separate at tabs" button checked.

Dave
gallagherd@earthlink.net

The easy way to export Access report is using Word rich text format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back