Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

output to file per group

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitroben

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2002
CA
Hi, I have a report that output all statements of my compagny and grouped by customer number. I need to find a way to output the report per group. I have the way to export in pdf format and it works fine but I need the ability to export in pdf one group per document. Any ideas?

You'll need to do this in a module. Write a query that returns the criteria you need to define each report (maybe just customer number in your case). Process this result set
in a loop and open up a report for each customer. You can use the customer number to set the where clause when you open the report or set the value in a work table and join to this in the query that feeds your report.

I wrote an FAQ for doing PDF reports - it's in the Module/Coding forum. This might help also. Best Regards,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back