Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Output to file or command line help

Status
Not open for further replies.

proggybilly

Programmer
Apr 30, 2008
US
I have a windows 2008 server running Arcserve r12.5, and I need to either a: output specific information to a file, or b: run a specific job from command line so that I can atleast have windows print the start time and end time once it has ran so that I can input that information into a database.

Could anyone help please?

maybe it is easier to use the Reportwriter utility for that. You can specify which information you want to collect and then create it in csv format which can be imported into a database.

regards

Tried that, problem is I need an automated process. I have been unsuccessful with creating a custom report and saving it to be used after the backup has ran.

You can just setup a custom report and then save it with the right settings (save the settings before you submit, this should work). Using the Job Scheduler Wizard you can automate anything from within the ARCServe's GUI.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back