Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

output to excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrajarat

MIS
Oct 8, 2002
US
I have a page with a form the user fills out (start date and end date). Based on this the SQL 2000 db is queried and the results are graped below the form as an image. I then add a button to dump the raw data that was graphed into an excel file. The problem is that when I send the data to excel it writes the form (with drop down menu, buttons...) into excel. i am using code called psxlsgen to write to excel. How can I omit the form and just write the data?

I don't know how this psxlsgen works (and I can't seem to find it's source code anywhere without registering) but I might have a work around. Excel should be able to take in html tables and use that as a table. What about exporting the sql data into a html table and importing that into excel?

You can kick out a CSV of the data when the user clicks the button? Excel will open it just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back