Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Output Table Data onto Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayson

Programmer
Jan 31, 2001
US
Hello there!

I'm able to output a table data onto excel, using one of the FAQ suggested on JavaScript forum (FAQ216-738).
The JavaScript enables you to "Copy" onto a clipboard whatever is contained within a specified table, you then click a button, which opens up another browser window with an blank Excel spreadsheet integrated onto the browser, you then press CTRL-V to paste the contents of yor clipboard onto the Excel sheet.

The problem is when i do that, all the cells on my excel sheet contains the ANSI char -> 194, which is a capital A with a caret sign on top. I'm not sure, if its trying to represent NULL characters or what, how can i remove all these thru my ASP codes, or maybe run an Excel Macro which finds all instances of this character and replaces them with blank? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back