Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Output String is truncating when writing to a file

Status
Not open for further replies.

donjon

Programmer
Jun 27, 2001
US
I've tried another forum and haven't received an answer there so I'm hoping someone here will be able to suggest an answer. I have a data string that was extracted from an Oracle DB and translated from XML using XSLT. Everything works fine until writing to a file. I can get the data String to print to the screen in its entirety. However, when I write the String to a file, it truncates it. I've tried all the stream output pipes and same error occurs. The PrintWriter send back a message "File Too Large". Its not that large ... about 70k. Now I'm trying to tokenize the lines as they don't have line breaks. Could this be the problem? Can anyone advise? This is majorly driving me crazy! s-)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I finally figured this out so I won't be needing advise. However, if anyone ever has this problem in the future, what I did was tokenize the string file. As I suspected, the string must have been too long and was being truncated. I broke the file into separate lines using the tokenizer, it worked like a charm! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back